SHE STOOPS TO CONQUER broadcasts tomorrow LIVE
“Fresh, spirited, blissfully funny” - The Daily Telegraph
“Twinkly, high-spirited production with lip-smacking relish” - Financial Times
“The National has become a laughter hit factory with One Man Two Guvnors and continues its winning streak with She Stoops to Conquer” - Sunday Express
“Gloriously funny…the National has another hit on its hands” - Mail on Sunday
4 Stars “Terrifically funny” - Time Out
National Theatre Live broadcasts tomorrow worldwide our critically acclaimed production of Oliver Goldsmith’s She Stoops to Conquer. To find your nearest venue and purchase tickets (recommend advance purchase), click here. In the meantime, read below a synopsis of the show and we’ll see you soon along with the rest of our audiences around the globe!
SHE STOOPS TO CONQUER
This classic period comedy marries bourgeois etiquette with modern family dysfunction as wealthy countryman Hardcastle arranges for his daughter Kate to marry the son of a well-to-do Londoner. But thanks to playboy Lumpkin, what follows is a tale of mistaken identity gone awry. Kate’s appreciation for her misguided suitor soars while offenses multiply, mayhem ensues, and love eventually blossoms.
One of the great, generous-hearted and ingenious comedies of the English language, the National Theatres’ production of She Stoops to Conquer offers a celebration of chaos, courtship and the dysfunctional family.
- alida-cox reblogged this from ntlive
- alyss-kelley reblogged this from ntlive
- spittingbloodlaugh reblogged this from spittingbloodlaugh
- thebeeandthewolf reblogged this from ntlive
- moon-muse reblogged this from ntlive and added:
- isitnext2thedigitalproducer likes this
- vivi-e-lasciavivere likes this
- book-of-flights reblogged this from countermeasures
- countermeasures reblogged this from ntlive
- countermeasures likes this
- ntlive posted this